- What is the price? Each bouquet of flowers is just $16. The spring subscription runs for 7 weeks and is $112 total. The summer subscription runs for 14 weeks and is $224 total. Full payment is due prior to pickup.
- How long does the subscription last? Spring is March - April and Summer is June - August.
- Where are the drop off locations? I am currently working on new pick up locations in downtown Davis and Winters. I will keep my members posted.
- What day/time can I pick up my flowers? Wednesday evenings at 5:30pm or later for both Davis and Winters.
- What if I am out of town and cannot pick up my flowers one of the weeks? The best option is to find a friend who will pick them up and enjoy the flowers.
- Will you hold my bouquet if I am out of town and cannot arrange for a friend to pick up? Yes. Please give me at least 3 days advanced notice.
- Can I have a make-up bouquet if I miss a week? No, unfortunately.
- What can I expect when picking up my flowers? The bouquets will all be wrapped in paper and sitting in a bucket of water. Please take yours and leave the rest.
- Can I recycle the paper sleeves? YES! The brown paper wrapping is both recyclable and compostable.
- What is the best home care for flowers? Re-cut the stems when you get home and place the flowers in a clean vase. Make sure to check the water level often and re-fill as necessary. Flowers are thirsty!
- How do I pay? Head on over to my SHOP page.
Buckets of Flowers for DIY
- How many stems are in a bucket? It's variable per flower, but generally 50 - 80 stems.
- When can I get buckets of flowers? Available March - Sept (with the exception of May) only.
- How much is a bucket of flowers? For Flower Mama flowers - $80
- How big are the buckets? 2 or 5 gallons. They are the same width, just different height. Some flowers fit better (like zinnias) in 2 gal buckets.
- Are greens included? No, unless you want them to be. Greens can make up half of your flower bucket, or I can include a separate bucket of greens for $80.
- How many vases can I fill with one bucket of flowers? This really depends on your vase and the types of flowers used. Typically, 5-8 quart sized mason jars can be filled with one bucket of flowers.
- Do you need the buckets back? If you can drop them off afterwards, I would greatly appreciate it!
- What are your common prices? We have found that full service weddings usually start at 2k. For a list of average prices per floral piece, visit our Wedding Price Guide.
- Do you have stuff like vases we could rent out? Yes! Though not very much yet. I established myself as a florist in early 2016, so I am still building up a collection of fun items. You can let me know what kind of style vases you like, and I will invest in them. Then, I'll rent them out to you. You'll probably never need 25 vases again!
- What are consultations like? The first 30min consultation is free! This will determine if we are a good fit for each other. You should have a general idea of your colors, your flexibility with flowers, and your budget. This can be done over the phone, or in person if you are willing to travel to Davis. After our conversation, I will have an estimate for you within a couple weeks. I require a 25%, non-refundable, down payment to book the date. Then payment in full is expected a month prior to your big day.
- What is your policy with ordering flowers? Flower Mama is committed to using local product and never imports flowers from outside of the US. Flowers will most likely be from Flower Mama farm and other local growers within a 50 mile radius. Sometimes, flowers will be used from Southern California.
- Why won't you import flowers? The pesticides, deforestation, and unfair labor practices are nothing I want to support. There are many hardworking local farmers who grow amazing flowers in the US, and I can find flowers year round grown in California.
- My favorite flowers are peonies and garden roses. Can I have those? Absolutely! Peonies are available locally for a few weeks in May or they are available to ship from Alaska anytime from July - mid September. Garden Roses ship from Northern or Southern CA and are available from late April - early November. Please note that these extraordinary flowers are more expensive than the rest, but can still be accommodated during these months.
- Do you grow all the flowers you use in your wedding work? I try too! I can grow MANY flowers on my micro sized flower farm. Because I like to grow a wide variety of flowers, and can't always predict crop failures, I normally have to source more locally. I am grateful to be a part of a strong network of flower growers and can usually find what I need within 50 miles from me.
- Do you sell to florists? Yes. I do not keep a running availability list, though. Please contact me a week ahead of time with your color palette or any specific floral requests.
- Can I come visit the farm? On certain dates. The farm is not open to the public, but I do offer tours. Please see my events page for the next available farm tour, or get in touch for a personal one on one consultation.
- Do you offer U-pick? No, sorry.
- Where else can I find your flowers? The best way to be in the know is to sign up for my newsletter! Subscribe below.